13 Free Press Release Templates for Any Occasion [Download]
We’ve prepared 13 free press release templates & examples created with Prowly’s Press Release Creator that you can use and download – and learn how to target different audiences. All you have to do is fill in the blanks.
Each press release template is compatible with Microsoft Word, just click “Download as .docx” at the bottom of each template.
13 Sample Press Release Templates and Examples
- New Product Press Release Template
- Event Press Release Template
- Music Press Release Template
- New Book Announcement Press Release Template
- Product Update Press Release Template
- New Hire Press Release Template
- Resignation Announcement Press Release Template
- New Location Opening Press Release Template
- New Partnership Announcement Press Release Template
- Rebranding Press Release Template
- Award Winner Announcement Press Release Template
- Statement/Declaration Press Release Template
- Sports Announcement Press Release Template
Regardless of what you’re writing about – every press release format should contain:
- Headline – a taster of what you can expect.
- Lead – a brief overview of the story, including answers to the questions: Who? What? When? Why? With what effect?
- Body – an explanation of the information provided earlier in the lead, starting from the most newsworthy info to other less important, background info.
- Dateline – to confirm that you’re providing the most up-to-date information.
- Company info – a short paragraph about your company to help journalists understand the nature of the business and make writing about it easier.
- Media contact information – author or company’s/agency’s contact information.
New Product Press Release Template
Why is it worth writing about this particular product? How will it contribute to the consumers’ lives? What makes it different from other products? Can you somehow compare it to the products offered by your competitors? Try to avoid statements like, “we’re happy to announce/inform,” “we have the honor to present,” etc. Focus on specifics. Read more about creating an effective press release in our new product press release guide.